Saturday, February 26, 2011

Pit Stop at Deb's Lab

Lenny and I are on our way outta town, but first I suggested we take a detour and visit Deb's lab.
I met Deb thru Nancy back in November, and got to visit her lab then, and one thing I can tell you is that mere pictures cannot capture what you see there. She runs a lab that tests food and water samples, and she's got her hobby thriving at her workplace--African violets are EVERYWHERE! At least 25 (or more) stands chock full of well over over 5,000 plants! And streps, petrocosmeas, chiritas, as well as other "weeds"!

She's a great lady, very enthusiastic and full of delight. And generous--today she gave Lenny a HUGE number of strep cuttings and she gave me a plant of Ness' Crinkle Blue which I am thrilled about because it seems to be getting harder & harder to find ones that are blooming true with the white edge, and the flowers (when blooming true) on this plant make me not even care that it's a semiminiature, it is exceptional.

Here are a few pics I snapped at her lab, nothing like seeing it in person but this will give you at least a taste of what it's like....





















4 comments:

  1. I'm truly amazed. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's kind of overwhelming! Beautiful, though! I've never had luck with African Violets. My grandmother always had huge, healthy ones, though. So they remind me of her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PlantPostings--I bet you could grow 'em too... I never had much luck with any plants until I started growing them... If I can grow them, anyone can haha!
    Well anyhooz if you do decide to try again let me know so I can help maybe?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...