Monday, June 6, 2011

Retail Therapy: Lyndon Lyon Greenhouses

Sorry I haven't updated the blog for 11 whole days, let's just say it's not been the best of times for me lately.

If I had some money (and you think I would since my birthday was only 4 days ago), I definitely know where I'd be blowing it all, because some retail therapy and new African violets is just what I need. The new and improved Lyndon Lyon Greenhouses website would do just the trick! You gotta go check it out, it's AWESOME!

Main page, what a lovely way to start the experience!

First off the new site doesn't just look great, it has a shopping cart so you can just click away and order 'til your heart's content! And you can make an account so that you can log in whenever you visit and not have to re-enter all your info every time--Boy oh boy, can they make it any easier to spend money? Loves it!

If anyone wants to send me the Pixie Redhead as a belated birthday present, I'd be more than ok with that. Or Sierra Sunrise. Ok, or any of the others haha!
AND the other cool thing about logging in is that it'll save the contents of your shopping cart for those times when you're kinda indecisive about an order... (C'mon, we all get that way.)

Lyndon Lyon Greenhouses has been a highly trusted, family owned commercial African violet supplier for almost 60 years, I am pretty sure that makes them the oldest around. (No, I'm NOT calling the owner Paul Sorano old, it was his Grandfather, THE Lyndon Lyon, who started it all!) So you know you can trust them for sure. And talk about variety! African violets in miniature, semi, standard, large, and trailers & chimeras in all sizes! Then of course lots of the "weeds" like Streps, Sinningias, Nematanthus, Chiritas, Columneas, and other gessies. And other houseplants like Begonia, Hoya, Pilea AND miniature terrarium plants. Lotsa supplies for all the myriad of plants as well, so go get shopping!

And if you do make an order from the new LLG site, leave a comment here and lemme know how you liked it? I'd love to hear how your experience was!.

2 comments:

  1. <:O Wow, the site has definitely improved since the last time I visited there.(about two weeks ago) And it looks so easy to go ahead and buy lots and lots of violets! :) LOL
    Unfortunately, I don't have the funds to get violets right now but maybe soon. Real soon! :D
    I am so glad that you are back Ann-Marie I knew you didn't leave us. You've definitely deserved a long break from blogging, I mean after all you were posting and posting alot during Nationals to show us what goes on at a national violet show. I really enjoyed your scoop on the national violet show and hope one day to go there. So thank you again for your scoop. :)
    I got good news and bad news.
    The BAD News: Sadly about three weeks ago my Hybridizing had ultimately failed. :( The seed pods did form and then two weeks later they shrivled and and died. But on the bright side I can always try, try again. Plus the pink violet you saw on my pics at photobucket was giving of an "ammonia" swell and the neck was too long and too curvy, also the pot was too big for the violet. And that leads us to some good news
    The GOOD News: Today June 6, 2011 I had all my older violets with very long necks decapitated, put in to some fresh soil mix half perlite and half African violet soil(thanks for the tip by the way), placed into smaller pots, and into Glad plastic bags to get hummidity. Now I'm just hoping they all will pull through. I just took pics of the process today and will upload them to Photo Bucket A.S.A.P. Lastly one of my new violet (Ma's Ching Dynasty)has came into full bloom and is starting to change color. (it was all white at first and now the color is changing to yellow and a little bit of blue on the edges) It is so pretty! :)
    Well glad you are back and hope everything is all good. Thank you so much and Happy Belated Birthday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. A belated happy birthday, Ann-Marie! Sorry things haven't been going well. :( Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...