Monday, October 17, 2011

Things are about to get VERY BUSY!

We've got three major shows coming up!

This coming weekend (Oct 20th-22nd) is the NYSAVS's annual convention which is in Rochester, NY this year. In addition to our usual photographing of the show plants, Lenny and I are also giving a presentation on photography. I am SO NERVOUS! Hardly any time to prepare (for some reason I thought it was NEXT weekend) not to mention, speaking in front of SO MANY PEOPLE! Yikes.

Then a couple weeks later (November 5th & 6th), we have the Tri-State African Violet Council's annual show in Morristown, NJ, where we will also be doing our usual photography duties.

A bit less than a week after that (November 10-12th), we're supposed to be doing the photography again for the MAAVS' annual convention which is in Baltimore, MD this year. Problem? We still don't have a place to stay! If anyone is in the Baltimore area and could put us up (or, put up with us?) for a coupla nights, PLEASE let me know! Nevermind, they decided to have someone else photograph this year. :-(

Oh, and a side note: All these great shows and I have NO plants to enter at any of these shows. Insert frowny face. But at least I can take pics of all the beauties that others bring! 

2010's MAAVS/NYSAVS Best In Show Winner - Rob's Pink Buttercups - Exhibited by Lorna Russell

3 comments:

  1. Have fun! I'm looking forward to reading about all of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you get into plant photography, Also all of these groups is lucky to have you. You make me wish that I was going, I would love to be at your lecture, you should get someone to video it, do they do that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Steve on this one! Youtube video of your presentation! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...