Monday, October 8, 2012

Guess Who's Back? Back Again...

Well, you may or may not have noticed I've been absent from this blog. The reason? Some MEAN PEOPLE (they know who they are) spent the better part of the summer trying to tear me down and make me feel bad about the good stuff I do in the African violet world. I know, what a buncha jellie cray-cray bishez! And I almost let them win. ALMOST! But now I'm back, back again. Like one of my most fave Eminem songs*(*Warning: That song has naughty language! If you're not into naughty language, don't click it!)

So.... Did it feel so empty without me?

Whilst I've been "away", I basically didn't feel like paying much attention to my African violets, so stuffed all my plants under domes and let them take a time out, which I call "Suspended Animation". For the most part, they're all alive & fine. Some symmetry issues and suckers, but that's about it. A couple of them lost crowns due to being too wet, but those 2 just happen to be chimeras, so now I'll have more chimeras when they start putting up multiple crowns. Bonus!

Now I'm slowly starting to take some out in hopes of having at least ONE thing to enter into a fall show. Certainly no Best In Show contenders here, but I gotta do something to show I haven't rolled over & given up! Here's my stand as of today:



Featured plants Eternal Orbit, Cherry Princess, and Fancy Free are available to order at are available to order from Lyndon Lyon Greenhouses. And be sure to check out their Facebook page too! 

17 comments:

  1. Yes, it felt empty. Daryl Hoover's videos were the only thing that kept me entertained in your absence. Looking forward to some beautifully filled plant stands and new videos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gloria! Darryl as an acceptable substitute in my absence. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dem haterz! Glad you're back! Haters love it when you're down. I cannot imagine WHY anyone (wish I had the scoop lol) in the violet world would try to discourage you from spreading the Violet Love (which you do SO well)! You are an inspiration! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're too nice for not naming the mean people. There are those of us who would otherwise have tracked them down and taken them out for you!

    Glad to see you're back and blogging again! I'm hoping to restart soon, too--my hiatus wasn't hater-induced, but I still miss the blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kenneth! Good to know I do have an army if I really need one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you back! I figured you were having a busy summer. I hope you will be coming to the Bay State October lunch on 10/20? If so, email me and I'll save a spot for you! Nice to see you blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Danny!! <3

    Peg--I'll be there, I think Nancy is sending in our money/registrations soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read your blog and missed you. I wondered where you were and hoped that you were well. Interesting post. Remember this. One of the greatest dancers when asked what motivates him to such excellence in dance responded "I dance for myself first." Just do your thing as you see best to please yourself. The rest follows. Critics are inconsequential.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We - here, on the other part of the world- love you.
    Glad you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, Shady's back! I'd just found your blog and you went away.:-( Dang ol' haters; thumb your nose at 'em and maybe they'll catch a booger.

    Hey, at 2:09 on the video, what's that pretty plant on the right? The one with the elongated, quilted leaves? Very interesting.

    Korina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Korina--Think you're looking at Ko's Grapefruit Julep. Awesome plant. Eventually (prolly next spring) I will have a few of those up on ebay.,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ann-Marie,

    Your blog is one of the reasons I got so into violets. I started reading in July and have patiently waited for your return. I'm really glad you're back to blogging.

    Rosie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...