Monday, June 11, 2012

Winners Winners Winners

Back from Detroit and in MA now (not quite home yet), and I'm so bummed that convention is all over :-(
But, looking forward to next year's convention in Austin, TX!

CLICK HERE to see the FULL Winners List on the AVSA Facebook page.

Here are some not-so-great photos I snapped quickly with my phone when I had a free moment (those were rare!) Note: You can click the photos in this post to enlarge, but I'll warn you that some of them are best left alone because they're blurry. I feel bad, but I'll try to do better next year.

The Winners Table!

Best In Show - Eternal Orbit - Kathy Lahti

2nd Best In Show - Fropzen In Time - Olga Semova

3rd Best In Show - Pink Playmate - Tracy Lorence

Best Miniature - Rob's Jitterbug - Debbie Mcinnes

Best Trailer - Rob's Boolaroo - Marge Ferrand

Best Species - S. ionantha Subsp. ionanth var. 'Parker' - Bill Price

Best New Cultivar -Amateur - Sport of Yukako - Debbie Mcinnes

Best Other Gesneriad - Sinningia speciosa 'Carangola' - Eileen McGrath

Best Streptocarpus - Heartland's Peacock - Dale Martens

Best Canadian Origin - Picasso - Marge Ferrand

Best New Cultivar - Commercial - Cranberry Crush - Paul Sorano of Lyndon Lyon Greenhouses
Note: If you're ordering a Cranberry Crush from Lyon's, save a leaf for me. That is one standard I might just have to grow! :-) Oh, and I've wanted Eternal Orbit for a while too, and now that it took Best in Show I REALLY want it. Guess I'm gonna have to make a little LLG order soon!!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I almost bought Eternal Orbit at our show this last March but I ended up with that Opt EverPraise sport instead. Eternal Orbit is still on my wish list, as is Cranberry Crush (after seeing your photo of it!) and Pink Playmate. Wow, some gorgeous plants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink Playmate was one of the first AVs I ever got, maybe I need that one again too. LLG is the BEST! Such an awesome variety, and they send really decent sized (often blooming) healthy plants.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...